BUILD SH*T THAT MATTERS
As Strive’s Head of Engineering you will build the product, system and team to help high-potential candidates get the family-supporting, middle class careers they desire and deserve.
APPLY TO WORK AS HEAD OF ENGINEERING
AT STRIVE TALENT
BUILD SOMETHING SPECIAL
WITH EXTRAORDINARY PEOPLE
The American middle class is shrinking and economic mobility is historically low. Yet, there are millions of open middle class jobs that employers struggle to fill. Strive helps deserving candidates get family-supporting middle class careers, regardless of their educational or socioeconomic background. Strive does this by helping companies evaluate candidates on their competencies and potential rather than credential and pedigree. Strive is working with a few great early customers and recently closed a $3MM+ seed round from top investors to build the team and scale impact.
• Short-term: Assessment platform to evaluate candidate’s
cognitive, non-cognitive and job-specific skills and tools
for companies to engage with candidates.
• Medium-term: Develop last-mile training system (either
using 3rd party system or built in-house) to provide
candidates targeted microcourses connected to employer
• Long-term: Marketplace matching candidates to
companies based on experience, skills, and interests.
• Early on you’ll be actively developing products and
managing 1-2 more junior developers.
• As the company grows, you’ll hire and lead a team of
developers, designers, and data scientists.
PAY, BENEFITS, GROWTH AND LOCATION
Depending on experience and equity, this role pays $120k - $170k.
You will have the opportunity to grow into the CTO.
Strive offers health, dental and vision.
Strive is based in the SOMA neighborhood of San Francisco with easy access via Caltrain and BART.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
• 5-10 years experience at top tech companies and start-ups
• Demonstrable record of success – increased responsibility and impact
• Impressive technical ability, capable of quickly building and iterating
• Self-directed learner excited to pick up new technologies
• Well versed in web-based software architecture
• Excellent full-stack skills for web application development, with expertise in at least one front-end
framework (AngularJS/React/Ember etc) and at least one server side framework
(Node.js/RoR/Django etc) as well as basic understanding of database architecture (SQL/NoSQL),
expertise in cloud-based infrastructure setup/hosting (AWS) and basic DevOps
• A missionary, not a mercenary
• Eager to proactively improve Strive to reach Product-Market Fit
• Persistent and resilient with a strong work ethic
APPLYING THROUGH STRIVE
Candidates applying to work at Strive will follow the same evidence-based approach that candidates applying to Strive’s hiring partners complete – you will complete a cognitive assessment, skill assessment and structured interview(s). This approach allows us to to get an objective understanding of your candidacy and allows you to develop empathy and an understanding for our current candidate experience.