Help People Find Rewarding Careers
As a Software Engineer at Strive you will build technology to help high-potential candidates get family-supporting, middle class careers regardless of their educational and socioeconomic background.
APPLY TO WORK AS A SOFTWARE ENGINEER
AT STRIVE TALENT
BUILD SOMETHING SPECIAL
WITH EXTRAORDINARY PEOPLE
The American middle class is shrinking and economic mobility is historically low. Yet, there are millions of open middle class jobs that employers struggle to fill. Strive helps deserving candidates get family-supporting middle class careers, regardless of their educational or socioeconomic background. Strive does this by helping companies evaluate candidates on their competencies and potential rather than credential and pedigree. Strive is working with many great early customers and raised a $3.8MM seed round from top investors to build the team and scale impact.
• As a Software Engineer at Strive you will work directly with the CEO and Head of Engineering.
• Short-term: Create assessment platform to evaluate candidates' cognitive, non-cognitive and job-specific skills.
• Medium-term: Develop last-mile training system (either using 3rd party system or built in-house) to provide candidates targeted microcourses connected to employer demands.
• Long-term: Build marketplace matching candidates to companies based on experience, skills, and interests.
PAY, BENEFITS, GROWTH AND LOCATION
You will be paid a competitive salary, including meaningful equity.
As an early engineer, you will have an opportunity to build and shape the direction of Strive’s product, team and culture.
This role is remote.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
• 2-6yrs of experience at a start-up or tech company
• Demonstrable record of success
• Impressive technical ability, capable of quickly building and iterating
• Self-directed learner excited to pick up new technologies
• Well versed in web-based software architecture
• Excellent full-stack skills for web application development, with expertise in at least one front-end framework (AngularJS/React/Ember etc) and at least one server side framework (Node.js/RoR/Django etc) as well as basic understanding of database architecture (SQL/NoSQL). We use React and Ruby on Rails, but are ok if you are not experienced in these specific frameworks.
• A missionary, not a mercenary
• Eager to proactively improve Strive outside of core job function
• Persistent and resilient with a strong work ethic
APPLYING THROUGH STRIVE
Candidates applying to work at Strive will follow the same evidence-based approach that candidates applying to Strive’s hiring partners complete – you will complete a cognitive assessment, skill assessment and structured interview(s). This approach allows us to to get an objective understanding of your candidacy and allows you to develop empathy and an understanding for our current candidate experience.